Asia Pacific Regional Conference of baker tilly international in 2012
ASIA PACIFIC REGIONAL CONFERENCE OF BAKER TILLY INTERNATIONAL IN 2012
On 29 March 2012, Baker Tilly International organized the annual Asia Pacific Regional Conference in Ho Chi Minh City, where the head office of its member firm in Vietnam – Auditing and Consulting Co., Ltd. (A&C) is located.
With the attendance of 105 members from over 30 countries, the participants of the conference include the members of the Advisory Council, of the headquarters in the UK as well as other members from the USA, the countries in Asia Pacific Region and the leaders of the network:
- Mr. Jim Castellano, Chairman of Baker Tilly International;
- Mr. Geoff Barnes, CEO, President of Baker Tilly International.
From Vietnam, there were also some speakers at the conference, including:
- Mr. Tran Van Ta, Chairman of Vietnam Association of Certified Public Accountants (VACPA), Ex- Deputy Minister of the Vietnamese Ministry of Finance;
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Cuc, Chairlady of Vietnam Tax Consultants' Association, Ex- Vice Director of the Vietnam General Department of Taxation;
- Mr. Le Dang Doanh, Doctor of Economics, Ex-President of Central Institute of Economic Management (CIEM).
- Mr. Tareq Muhmood, General Director of ANZ Bank Vietnam.
The conference discussed about the updates of economic information, the key points of the audit software (Aud-IT), the tax policies and other features of the profession in Vietnam as well as in other countries in the region. The conference was also a chance for the member firms of Baker Tilly International to share their experiences in professional practices.
All the attendants highly appreciated the effectiveness of the conference in sharing information and in creating good conditions for co-operations and developments of the member firms.
The conference was held at The Intercontinental Asiana Saigon Hotel from 29 March 2012 to 01 April 2012.